Being Intentional In Your Walk With Christ: Part 1- Check Yourself

It's hump day guys! Hope you're having a happy and successful Wednedsay.
Today's blog is a little different. It consists of examining yourself and your relationship with God. Over the past few weeks, I've put God in the back burner and I could definitely tell there was a difference within me, especially spiritually. I was not motivated to do anything, not even posting my blogs. But I got a reality check! If you're in the same position, continue reading.

Last year, as stated many times before, was the hardest year I've ever experienced. I was at my lowest; depression and suicidal thoughts were at an all time high. I so desperately desired a change. I needed peace, strength, confidence, restoration, wholeness, healing, anything you can think of. So, I began to stop moping around and brought God into my situation. I knew He was the only one that could give me what I needed. Also, I knew this was the perfect time to actually begin my relationship with Him.

Years prior, I would just go to church. Sunday after Sunday, not attending weekly services, not studying my bible or praying like I should. Basically, on Sunday for about 2 1/2 hours was the only time I spent with God. Horrible, I know! I had to check myself. After my painful yet appreciated year, I knew I had to stay consistent with God. He was all I ever really needed and He provided what was necessary for my life. I received everything I prayed for.  But in receiving what I prayed for, I also would sometimes stray away from God, not read my bible, not do my devotionals, not pray. If I did read my bible or pray, I didn't feel a difference afterwards. I still felt the same and after awhile began to have the feeling of heaviness. I was losing my spiritual high, but mostly I wasn't being intentional in my walk with Christ.

God pulled me through the toughest time of my life so far. He wakes my family and I up everyday with breath in our bodies, clothes to wear, jobs to go to, food to eat, cars to drive. That is all the more reason why I need to be intentional. The same should be for you. This entire year, my focus is to be intentional with Christ. Not just to see if He'll bless me but because of who He is. For me, being intentional with Him gives me a sense of freedom, happiness, and peace. Sometimes, He'll bring more out of my comfort zone that I would like. Yet, I know He's doing it so I can grow in Him and be a blessing in someone else's life.

Being intentional in your walk with Christ isn't hard. Him letting you see another day is more than enough to do what's necessary. That's how you stay connected with God. That's how somethings happen in your life that you would've never expected, like you getting the job you thought you weren't qualified for. Being intentional means actively interacting and engaging with God and His sources so you can be a better disciple for Him. Today, check yourself!  Are you reading your bible to actually grow with Christ? Are you studying your bible like you should? Are you communicating with God every single day? Are you simply being intentional in your walk with Christ?

Prayer: " God, I thank you for this day. I thank you for waking us up with a purpose, family, jobs, cars, food, and all the many blessings you've given us. Today, I pray that we grow our relationship with you and be intentional about it. Not because you bless us, but simply because of who are and the purpose you have for our lives. I pray we get out of being stagnant and comfortable. For being comfortable won't lead us anywhere, especially to our purpose. I ask that you give us what we need in order to grow in You. That we not complain, but ask, "What is it that I need to learn?" I thank you for sending your Son so that we have this opportunity to be born again and to experience you. Please, continue to cover us in your precious blood, keep us in your perfect will, peace, and care, and protect us from all harm and danger, seen and unseen. I rebuke the devil and any attacks and spirits he may have to come against us. In your name I pray all these things, Amen."


Keep up with me through social media: links in "About Me".

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 Ways To Break Cycles

What's Been Going On ?

How's Your Faith?