5 Reasons God Has You Waiting

So, lately, this season and chapter of my life has been called "The Wait." Whether it be waiting for a job, relationship/marriage, healing, graduating, buying a car, or purchasing a house, all of us are waiting on something. In my life, just about all of those examples are what I am waiting for. My waiting period has been for about 2  1/2 years now. I am now finally accepting the wait and embracing it. I am not the most patient person in the world, so this season has definitely been difficult to go through, simply because I desire things to happen in my timing. But God is certainly showing me His timing is without a doubt better than mine. Waiting puts you in the backseat and leaves God in the drivers seat, leading you to the plans He has for you.

I didn't understand this whole waiting season in the beginning, but now I am more than understanding of what God is doing. Waiting reveals so much to you. You think you're ready for something and God shows you you're really not. I thought I was ready for a relationship. Well, I'll just say He got me together real quick. I immediately seen I WAS NOT READY! After praying and communing with Him about how I felt, He began to unveil some of everything. He was letting me know there are real reasons why He has me waiting. After doing devotionals, praying, and accepting what He was revealing, I felt I had to help others who were also in their "waiting season". We are all waiting on something, but while we're waiting it's not because God doesn't want us to have it. He is just getting us ready for our blessing or even something better. Here are 5 reasons why God has you waiting:

                                                   1. Revealing who we really are 
During the pressures of life, the true us starts to come forth. If nothing reveals who you are, a season of waiting certainly will. I can attest to that. I have seen parts of me come out that I knew were there, and other parts that I had no clue were a part of me. Your heart and everything that's in it will absolutely be revealed. God's waiting room will show you your character. In many things we're waiting for, our character will determine whether we are ready for it or if we need more tweaking. Let God reveal you to you in this waiting season. Take transformation if you need to. 

2. Getting rid of self-sufficiency 
Self-sufficiency is the quality of being self-reliant or independent. I can tell you now, we can't live this life without God and just to rely on ourselves. The truth is we actually try to be in control and leave God out of it. We don't do it intentionally, it just happens. Well, waiting really transforms that, especially if you want what God has for you. Like my devotional says, "The best way for God to transform you from a flesh-gratifying Christian to a Spirit-filled Christian is to have you face up the tension of unfulfilled desires in the wilderness of waiting." Get rid of your controlling and fleshly desires and let God be in control. He knows best and won't lead you wrong. 

3. Grows the best you 
God rips our independence and self-will and builds hope and faith within us. We learn to be a better Christian and child of God. We grow into who He has called us to be. We're learning to be still and surrender our life and desires to Him. He's growing us into the best us!

4. Healing us from our past 
As stated before, God reveals who we really are when we're waiting. Healing also is necessary, especially if relationships/marriage is something you're waiting on. This reason certainly applies to my life and waiting period. Insecurities and pain has surfaced up that I thought I got rid of, evidently I didn't. This could be the same for you. While waiting, let God reach down to the core of you and heal you from all of your past experiences and pain. It doesn't matter if you're waiting on relationships/marriage or not. Heal for you! Heal because you're tired of being bound by your past. 

5. Preparing you for your promise 
In this waiting season, God is wanting to prepare you and make sure when He presents your blessing and His promise to you, you'll be ready for it. There are so many things we thought we were ready for and we messed it up because we weren't ready. God is preparing us to keep the promise! Let Him work out the kinks and prepare you for what's to come. He knows best!

Those are just a few reasons God has us a waiting. He will fulfill His promises, just give your life and desires to Him. Waiting isn't always easy, but just know going through the process will save you from unnecessary things that could come you if you don't wait on God. I pray you wait on God and go through this process willingly. I have faith and believe God has me. He will give me what I need, even if isn't exactly what I am waiting and praying for. And I can say the same for you. The One who created us knows what we need. So, wait. The process will be worth it. 
I love you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Ways To Break Cycles

What's Been Going On ?

How's Your Faith?