Loving Yourself Is Key

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

For us singles, today is all about loving ourselves!

Before last year, I never knew how much loving yourself was so important. Years prior, I tried to impress and make people like/love me. I wanted to be accepted by everyone, when all along I should have been accepting myself and loving me. It wasn't until last year I found out what truly loving yourself means. And this blog today is to inspire and encourage others to do the same. So let's get to it!

As previous blogs have stated, last year was one of the toughest years of my life. I went through a break-up that literally turned my life completely around. I grew spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. But looking back, one of the lessons that stood out is me learning to love and accept myself. I always recycled this habit of allowing people to come into my life, show me different, but also turn out exactly the same in the end, which was leaving me high and dry, lonely, and broken. I knew there was a difference with this break -up though. I knew there needed to be a change on the inside. A change spiritually and a change of me finally beginning to love me for me. I decided I needed to give myself the love I deserved, right along with God's Love for me!

In order to truly love myself, I ...
1. Needed to let go of people that no longer served a purpose in my life
2. Accepted all my flaws and admired them
3. Accepted God's Love for me
4. Stopped trying to impress others
5. Prayed for renewing of my mind daily (casting out all negativity)
6. Read my Bible (it tells you your worth)
7. Walked into my purpose


Each and every one of these helped me to my journey of loving myself. It's definitely not the same for all of us but this is my personal list. Some of you guys list will be shorter, others may be longer. As long as you're finally on the journey to loving yourself, you're good! The journey isn't easy because the devil will definitely come to attack you mentally, trying to get you to settle and recycle those habits but I say " NOT SO! " You got this! Loving yourself will elevate you to a new level of life.


When preparing for my first message of the year, there were so many scriptures saying the same thing, " Love your neighbor as thy self. " I got so deep in about love and how important it is. Love is the foundation of everything.  And in the Bible, first it tells us to love God, then love yourself and others equally! Can you see how important and major that is? Loving God, loving yourself, and loving others need to be equal! If you haven't noticed how important it is to love yourself, I hope you do now.

Wanting a significant other and having a healthy relationship/ marriage all needs to happen after you've found, accepted, and love yourself. If you can't love yourself, you won't be able to have a happy and healthy union, let alone love someone properly. I learned that the hard way but I'm forever thankful for it! Like I said before, it turned my life around and now I'm here to help and inspire others to do the same.

So today, good ole Valentine's Day, get on the journey to loving yourself! It's key in every area of your life. You sort of have this sense of freedom once you finally feel it. You won't have to settle, lower your standards for anyone, be let down or disappointed, nor feel the need to go to others for the love you already possess in you and the love God gives.
 Loving Yourself Is Key!

Today's prayer: "I pray today you get rid of all negative thoughts about yourself. You let go of all things and people that stray you away from having a great relationship with yourself. I pray you accept you for you. You begin to love yourself as the Queen you are! No more settling but more of letting go what doesn't add to your life. I pray for your healing and wholeness, that you wait patiently in this season and began to live out God's purpose for your life. You’re covered in Gods precious blood, kept in his perfect will, peace, and care and protected from all harm and danger, seen and unseen. In Jesus Name, Amen. "
Have a Happy And Blessed Valentines Day! 💕


Keep up with me through social media: links in "About Me".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Ways To Break Cycles

What's Been Going On ?

How's Your Faith?